Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mushroom Kingdom

 Thrfting is a sport. I literally work up a sweat hauling about the massive pile of clothes, protecting my treasure pile from thieving hipsters (and old ladies), and trying on 25 items to come away with perhaps 3.  A huge chunk of the reason to get all sweaty and trying on clothes without a dressing room in public is the rush you get when you FIND something. Or when you find SOMETHING. Either way, EXCITEMENT. In the case of this sweater, I found SOMETHING. the second I laid eyes on this treasure, NOTHING else in my cart mattered. I would have elbowed a hipster right between the eyes to protect it. Not once did this glorious garment leave my shaking grasp before I checked out. I can't recall anything else that came home with me that day. There is a distinct possibility that upon finding my precious, I abandoned the stack that previously I had protected so adamantly, and gone straight to the register.  So I was extremely grateful for a few chilly days to be able to don the fun fungus jumper. In all likelihood, and sadness, this amazing piece will have to hang out in my closet for 6 or so months before I'm really going to be able to wear it again. 



Sweater: Vintage Thrifted
Blouse: Limited Thrifted
Skirt: Vintage Thrifted
Belt: Fry Thrifted
Tights: Forever 21
Shoes: Seychelles
Jewelry: Corvidae


 Warmer days are moving in, and my feet are itching (not literally. eww.)  to get into some sandals, but secretly, I will miss my sweaters and tights until fall. I think I may need to relocate to a cooler climate.

Luv,
Vanessa*

No comments:

Post a Comment