Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I mean, I really love Easter and Christmas (and above all Halloween of course) but I love that Thanksgiving is a day intended to celebrate family, love, food, and being grateful for how fortunate we truly are. John and I headed up the mountain for the first half of the day to visit my Grandparents and enjoy lunch with my family. My grandparents provided the traditional fare (turkey, squash, potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce), my sister made the all important green bean casserole and my Mom provided amazing sweets (pumpkin bread, snickerdoodle cake and my favorite pumpkin pie). We brought the veggies. My next few posts will be the recipes for my new favorite: Brussels sprouts, glazed bacon wrapped green beans, and John's Spinach balls.
The food was all wonderful, but the best part of the day was spending time with my family! It's not often I get Mom, Dad, Alicia (my sister), and John, but it's a true rarity to also have my Grandparents. While the time was fairly brief, I truly appreciated it.














The gang's all here and ain't we a good looking bunch?  I realized on the car ride home that with the celebration of friendship, family, and decadent food I'm Thankful for Thanksgiving. This was truly a lovely one, and I can't wait for Christmas.
What are you thankful for?
Gobble Gobble,
Vanessa*

No comments:

Post a Comment